How can Gilda’s Club not charge?
This FAQ often leads to some other questions such as:
- Does Gene Wilder give you any money? He does not
- Did Gilda Radner leave you any money? She did not
- Do Gilda Radner’s family or friends help out? They do not
- Your Clubhouse is so pretty—you must be very well funded? Appearances can be deceiving
- Doesn’t Wawa underwrite the organization since its name is on the door? Wawa has been very, very good to us. They raised over $1.2 million dollars between 2005 and 2010 which helped us put a down payment and renovate our very lovely Clubhouse
The bottom line is this:
- We rely on our community for support. Don’t count on the next person
- We need to raise north of $800K every year to provide the activities that our members need and deserve. Better than 80% of every dollar goes into program. All of the money supports GCSJ
- Every dime donated helps. We celebrate the small gifts. We cry for joy when we get a large gift. Both types of gifts allow us to do more for individuals and families living with cancer.
- Volunteering is another way to pay it forward. Three quarters of our program is offered by talented volunteers. Our reception desk and outreach events are staffed by volunteers too!
Whether it is time or money, both are essential.
Click on the following links to learn more and make an impact: