Gilda’s Club South Jersey invites you to join the Red Door Society – our multi-year Giving Society. Funds raised will enable us to continue to provide our program of emotional and social support, at no charge, to anyone living with cancer, their families and friends.
Here are just some of the reasons why your help is needed…
In our Nation
- There are more than 11 million cancer survivors in the United States.
- The Lance Armstrong Foundation reported that most individuals touched by cancer feel that the social and emotional aspects of their cancer are more difficult to deal with than their medical care, and are most often overlooked
In our Region
- More than 14,000 people will be diagnosed with cancer each year in southern New Jersey, according to the American Cancer Society.
- No other program like Gilda’s Club South Jersey exists in our region.
Right Here at Gilda’s Club South Jersey
- There are currently more than 1650 Gilda’s Club Members and 200 volunteers!
- In 2010, Gilda’s Club offered more than 1200 activities -each one at no charge to our members!
- Gilda’s Teen Program is currently in 10 area schools sharing health tips, as well as social and emotional support.
- Gilda’s Club South Jersey continues to expand Noogieland—a program specifically designed for children touched by cancer, whether their own or that of a family member.
- Gilda’s annual budget is approximately $900,000. Funds are raised through special events, tribute donations, individual contributions, corporate donations, grants and foundations. No insurance reimbursement or tax dollars fund our program. As Michael Radner says, “Free is expensive!’
- Our program of social and emotional support for all those living with cancer, including family and friends, is at the cutting edge of holistic cancer care.
Come On Through the Red Door
- By becoming a member of the Red Door Society, your financial support will allow us to plan for our future, expand our program even further into our community, and help us ensure cancer support for the whole family, the whole time.
Click here to see a list of our Red Door Society members.
Download this form and return by fax (609-926-2688) or mail to become a Red Door Society member.