Gilda’s Club South Jersey is soliciting donations of fine art – paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, first editions, photographs, etc. – which will then be sold at auction. GCSJ has an account at Freeman’s Auctions, Philadelphia. The net proceeds of any sale will be the amount of the donation.*
If you have a piece of artwork that you no longer love, please think of donating it to Gilda’s Club. The process is simple…
- Your potential donation is brought to the attention of Lauren Crenshaw, Development Director.
- Lauren will photograph the work, record the provenance and submit it for appraisal.
- The auction house has regularly scheduled sales in various departments: 20th / 21st Century Design; American Furniture; Decorative & Folk Arts; Asian Arts; Fine American & European Paintings & Sculpture; Fine English & Continental Furniture, Silver & Decorative Arts; Fine Jewelry & Watches; Modern & Contemporary; Oriental Rugs & Carpets; Rare Books, Manuscripts & Ephemera; Sports Memorabilia and Pop Culture.
- If the appraised value of your artwork makes it marketable, we will consign it to Freeman’s for the next appropriate sale (which could possibly be several months away.) At a minimum, the artwork must be delivered six weeks prior to sale date. GCSJ will arrange for the transport of the item to Freeman’s. If the piece requires professional transport the donor will cover the cost. No artwork will be stored at Gilda’s Club. All artwork will be transported to Freeman’s as soon as is practical.
- The auction house will take a fee for the sale of the artwork. If the donor signs the artwork over to Gilda’s Club, the fees for sale are approximately 8% (a special non-profit discount)
- The auction house will send payment thirty-five days after the auction, for all lots sold and collected, along with a detailed settlement statement. The net proceeds will be actual donation to Gilda’s Club.*
- If the value of the item is too small for Freeman’s to handle, Freeman’s will suggest other options for sale.
- If an item does not sell, it will be returned to the donor.
Please contact Lauren, Lauren@gildasclubsouthjersey.org or (609) 926-2699 if you are interested.
*The donor is responsible for checking with his/her tax advisor regarding IRS charitable deduction laws.